Monday, May 19, 2008

Too Cute...

Ok, so this weekend was full of "cute" moments.
We'll start with Alicia:

  • "Mommy, can I have some sugar?" (in other words she wanted a piece of licorice).
  • "Mommy, why do you have ocean's on your forehead...it looks like you have ocean waves..." (in other words why do I have wrinkles).

Now with Nick:

  • I took a nap with Alicia on Sat. while Jason spent time preparing boxes for our up coming move...or so I thought. I was awakened with loud banging noises - and I was so mad at Jason! But I was too tired to get out of bed and "talk" with him. It turned out that Jason had actually gone golfing, and that the loud noises was Nick - who just figured out in the past few days that he can get out of his toddler bed during naps to "play". Well - this play time was spent getting into our large jar of vaseline, and slathering it ALL over his room (furniture, sheets, walls, himself, carpet, ALL of his toys, etc.). When Jason opened his door he was met with a mix of "deer in the head lights / yikes" look from Nick. I'm still scrubbing on the walls and our rocker & ottoman. I think we'll be recovering the rocker... Boys...ya gotta love them... This was all summed up by a comment from Alicia who, after observing what Nick had done, quickly said "oh, I would NEVER do anything like this!"

Kids are great! =)

0 comments: