Well, we've successfully started Kindergarten (1/2 days Mon - Fri)! Yesterday was the 1st day, but the parents accompanied the Kindergartners for just 1.5 hours and then called it a day. I feel like today was more like her first official day with her first bus experience. The bus was to come at 12:31 preciously...I called the school at 12:55 since the bus had not yet come. The school advised that ALL the buses were running late and to just be patient and wait (school started at 12:50). At 1:15 I called it quits and ended up driving Alicia to school. She started out excited to get on the bus...but by 12:55 the anxiety had set in and she ran down the sidewalk away from the bus stop saying "I don't want to get on the bus!!". I had her calmed back down by 1:00...but then she started slipping again by 1:15. As I was driving out of our drive way, the bus came (45 minutes late!). I did drive her to school, and she rode the bus home like a champ! =)
I'm really hoping that tomorrow goes smoothly, and that I don't cry when she gets on the bus (assuming that it actually comes!).
Nick is acting up a bit with all the attention to Alicia and he told her "I'll miss you Weesha" when she left for school. Poor guy...I'm glad she's in the afternoons so that he's napping most of the time she's gone. It'll be interesting to watch Nick and Ryan's relationship grow as Ryan is able to do more.
Ryan turned 8 months today - WOW! He just broke through his 8th tooth the other day, and is getting ready to crawl. He's up on all fours - just rocking back and forth...gradually progressing backwards until he ends up under a couch or something! =) This is one of my favorite pictures - he fell asleep while swinging in our back yard...how cute is he?
All of me
11 years ago
0 comments:
Post a Comment