Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Know it all

Here are a few of my favorite conversations from this Christmas break:

Dec 28th as Alicia and I were driving to Target:
Alicia: Mom - tell me a story from when you were little.
Me: Well, my mom and dad use to have a mini-van, and Aunt ReRe and I would sit in the back while Aunt Cindi would sit in the middle.
Alicia: Why - it is because she was so small?
Me: Yes.
Alicia: Is that why she's not pregnant yet?
Me: ............hhmm.......
Alicia: Maybe she's not pregnant because she's still so small!

Dec 28th as Alicia and I were driving back from Target:
Alicia: Does Ella's (our neighbor) alarm system sound really loud?
Me: Yes it does if it goes off.
Alicia: Does Ella's mom have to use a ladder to turn it off?
Me: No
Alicia: Does she have to jump?
Me: No
Alicia: Does she stand on her tippy toes?
Me: ....(finally realizing what she's getting at)...do you think her mom is really short?
Alicia: Yes!

Dec 25th as Alicia was looking at the Christmas cards on our fridge:
Alicia: Mom - that's so weird!
Me: What?
Alicia: How did Henry let Madeline send out a Christmas card that's pink and red???
(note: Henry and Madeline are my friend Becky's kids...and I don't think they had anything to do with Becky's adorable cards!). =)

0 comments: