Saturday, February 14, 2009

Thoughts on Three Kids

OK, so Ryan is now 5 weeks old, and I haven't updated my Blog in forever!
I'm still adjusting mentally and physically to having three kids...and I think I'll be in this adjustment phase for quite a while still. I LOVE being a mom of three...if only I could get some sleep! Ryan is a great baby, and it's been fun to see how Alicia and Nick have reacted to his arrival. Alicia is the perfect little helper and loves to hold Ryan. In fact, sometimes she'll hold him when he's sleeping for 45 minutes which allows me to do the dishes / laundry / cleaning / etc. It's great! Nick has surprised us a little in that he also is smitten with Ryan, but has thrown a few rather large temper tantrums and now likes to use the word "NO" a lot. He's challenging our parenting skills and knowledge... We are well aware at how spoiled we've been with Alicia's good nature! As for me, I'm finding that each day just blurs with the next day, and that time is flying by much faster with this maternity leave than with the others. I'm still in "survival mode" which surprises me a bit - but I hope that I snap out of it in the next few weeks when I start venturing out to have a few play dates with my friends...which I'm really looking forward to!




0 comments: